Xenoblade Chronicles 3
|Xenoblade Chronicles 3|
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (ゼノブレイド3) is a role-playing video game developed by Monolith Soft and published by Nintendo. It was first revealed during the February 9th, 2022 Nintendo Direct and it was released on 29 July 2022 for the Nintendo Switch.
Main playable characters
- Main article: Hero
|Valdi||Zeon||Riku & Manana||Gray||Juniper||Ashera||Alexandria||Fiona|
Combat is broadly similar to previous games in the Xenoblade series. It is real-time rather than turn-based, and the player controls only a subset of the active party members, with others being controlled by AI. Doing nothing will result in the player-controlled characters auto-attacking regularly. A selection of more powerful attacks can also be used at will, each attack with its own cooldown. Such attacks may be more effective when used under certain conditions, e.g. dealing more damage when the enemy is hit from behind.
The 6 main playable characters are divided into three pairs, each pair being connected via an interlink:
When certain conditions are met in battle, each of these pairs may (independently) combine into Ouroboros form. This changes the set of attacks available to them.
In contrast with the combat of earlier games in the series, over 6 playable characters may be active simultaneously.
There is also a "quick move" feature, allowing characters to move for positional arts.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released July 26, 2022)
- Added function to receive Expansion Pass item(s).
- Downloading the Expansion Pass will add an “Expansion Pass” selection to the Main Menu, where the item(s) can be received.
- The Main Menu can be opened during gameplay by pressing the X Button.
- (Added August 4, 2022) There was an error in the conditions under which the "Expansion Pass" item is added to the software. The "Expansion Pass" item will be added when the software is updated, even if the Expansion Pass has not been downloaded.
- Fixes introduced to ensure a better gameplay experience.
Ver. 1.1.1 (Released September 6, 2022)
- Altered Perilwing Ryuho’s behavior pattern; made it undefeatable if player is in area that cannot be reached in the main scenario’s intended progression.
- Fixed a bug in Teach's Ascension quest, "Shadow of Enmity", where the first battle sometimes did not end.
- Fixed an issue where the battle with the Mysterious Raider in the "Severed Connection" quest sometimes did not end.
- Fixed a problem in which the requested items "Gogol Vuaga" and "Gogol Dalm" for some Collectopedia Cards were not available.
- Fixed a problem in which various effects were not occurring correctly for dishes other than "Baked Spongy Spud", and "Sunny-Style Fish Pie".
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Talent Arts button to disappear and not be able to be pressed during certain procedures. If this problem has already occurred, it will be fixed by loading the saved data after updating the software.
- Fixed a problem in which the text "Verkaufen" in the store menu was overlapping the adjacent text when Language Settings was set to German.
- In addition, several other issues have been fixed to make the game more enjoyable to play.