Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected
|Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected|
|Released||May 29, 2020|
Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected (ゼノブレイド つながる
A year after the events of Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk and Melia use Junks to fly to the Bionis' Shoulder, but a beam originating from Alcamoth hits the ship and they crash into a lake near the Purifying Falls on the Shoulder. They notice a pack of Volffs threatening two Nopon nearby. They come to help and recognize the Nopon as Kino and Nene, two of Riki's and Oka's adopted Littlepon. After defeating the Volffs, they discuss how the two Nopon ended up on the Bionis' Shoulder. It turns out they sneaked onto Junks while Shulk and Melia were distracted.
- Main article: Xenoblade Chronicles#Gameplay
The gameplay is mostly identical to that of the main game. However, several features have been disabled or removed outright. Most removals are due to the short length of the story not allowing for these mechanics to be meaningfully developed.
- There is no affinity, neither between party members, nor with any regions.
- Characters have no skills or skill branches.
- Unique monsters drop Arts Coins instead of Affinity Coins, which are used to buy advanced arts manuals.
- Gem crafting is not available. Instead of unrefined crystals, mining ether deposits produces gems directly.
- Chain attacks are replaced with Union Strikes, a single all-out attack executed by Ponspectors recruited from across the map.
- There are no visions, for quests or in battles.
- There is no New Game Plus.
In other languages