Xeno series crossovers
This is a page listing all Xeno series crossovers in non-Xeno games.
- 1 Super Smash Bros. series
- 2 Project X Zone Series/Namco X Capcom
- 3 Tetris 99
- 4 Tales series
- 5 Soul Calibur 3
- 6 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- 7 Super Mario Maker
- 8 Puzzle Swap
- 9 Minor eastereggs and references
Super Smash Bros. series
Shulk is a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. As a result, Xenoblade Chronicles sees significant representation alongside him. Pyra and Mythra debuts in SSBU as Downloadable content.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Shulk makes his Smash Bros. debut in the games collectively known as Super Smash Bros. 4. He takes the following additional content with him:
- Stage - Gaur Plain is a stage based on the curved cliffs of Bionis' Leg, with Mechonis looming in the background. Metal Face appears during the night as a stage boss.
- Assists - Dunban and Riki appear in Shulk's Final Smash, Chain Attack. Riki also appears as an Assist Trophy, helping out whoever grabbed the item with various random arts, as well as an item in the Smash Tour mode that grants a wider item-grab range.
- Trophies - Collectable figurines of characters. Shulk, Shulk (Alt.), Dunban, and Riki appear in both versions of the game, while the Wii U version has several additional ones: Chain Attack, Metal Face, Mechonis, Bionis, Fiora, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Bronze Face, Face Nemesis, Mecha-Fiora, Jade Face, and Yaldabaoth.
- Music - Several pieces of music are used on the Gaur Plains stage, some of which have been edited to cut parts out, and only one of which contains original material (a medley).
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Shulk returns in SSBU, with all content except trophies being kept as well. Trophies are replaced with spirits, artwork images that can be battled in a themed fight in order to collect them. The spirits available are not just from Xenoblade Chronicles, but Xenoblade Chronicles X and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well. In addition, some music from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is available. Pyra and Mythra makes their Smash Bros. debut in the game as Downloadable Content.
Project X Zone Series/Namco X Capcom
Namco X Capcom
Project X Zone
Project X Zone 2
Between July 3rd 2020 and July 7th 2020, an Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition themed event took place that added a new Xenoblade skin. It shoes the Bionis' Leg and Shulk in the background. Depending on how many players are left, the arranged versions of Time to Fight! , Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names play. Gaur Plain (Night) plays after a match and Colony 6 - Future plays if the player achieves a Tetris Maximus.
Tales of Vesperia
All versions except for the original Xbox 360 version have an unlockable KOS-MOS costume.
Soul Calibur 3
KOS-MOS is playable.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
A Rex costume can be obtained for Link.
Super Mario Maker
Shulk can be used in a level if his Amiibo is scanned. He has two voice lines, both from the Japanese version of Xenoblade Chronicles regardless of language. Holding Up has him pose with the Monado, and the course clear music is replaced with the fanfare of discovering a Secret Area.
Puzzle Swap on the Nintendo 3DS has a 40-piece Xenoblade Chronicles puzzle. It shows the Mechonis more or less like how it is depicted onthe game's cover art, but several Nopon and a Collection Orb can be seen too.
Minor eastereggs and references
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean has the Magnus "Rare Action Figure" which depicts the KOS-MOS figure that came with the japanese limited edition of Xenosaga Episode I. The Gnosis also appear as a boss fight and you can turn it into a Magnus.
- Xenogears is mentioned in Final Fantasy VII.