Cloud Sea mist
Ever Come to an End
Shadow of the Lowlands
Tantal is an area in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It is a turtle-like Titan named Genbu that swims through the Cloud Sea. It is the home of the Tantalese race and houses the Kingdom of Tantal. The majority of its landmass are inside Genbu.
Tantal's geography is thoroughly dictated by its icy climate. The permanent snowfall from the Titan's hobbled ether flow has produced various snow banks, glaciers, ice drifts, ice bridges, and other various wintry features. The extreme cold makes agriculture very difficult, if not outright impossible. Almost no vegetation can be seen growing within Tantal, besides the occasional tree. Various ruins can also be seen on the Titan's lower levels, presumably abandoned after Genbu's climate shifted. More of the ruins can be found on the many pillars that link the lower and upper level, showing the Tantalese's gradual move to the upper level.
- Theosoir - Capital of the Kingdom of Tantal and its only known city in-game. It is maintained warm by the Titan's ether flowing through it.
- Colt Ravine - Mentioned in Shaking Icicles.
- Dandes Salt Cave - A cave where most of the country's salt is extracted. Mentioned in Dandes Salt Cave, Mysterious Lifeform and Arach-no-More.
- Narlia Drifts - Mentioned in Snow Flower.
- Nary Cliffs - Mentioned in Snow Survey.
- Norb Mountains - Mentioned in Ice Hunter.
- Nyoka Drifts - Mentioned in Blizzard Zone.
- Sevell Cliffs - Mentioned in Carnivorous Beast.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The name Tantal is likely derived from Tantalise, a word associated with lust. This is in accordance with how Titans or nations in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are often named after the seven deadly sins or seven virtues in various languages.
- Tantal's Japanese name, 'Luxuria', is likewise named after lust in Latin.
In other languages
|English||Kingdom of Tantal||—|
||Kingdom of Luxuria|
|French||Royaume de Tantal||Kingdom of Tantal|
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate