Song of Nephilim (XS1 music)
- For other articles titled "Song of Nephilim", see Song of Nephilim (disambiguation).
|Song of Nephilim|
|Original Title||Song of Nephilim|
|Used in||Xenosaga Episode I|
Song of Nephilim (Xenosaga III ver.)
Song of Nephilim is Disc 2, Track 11 on the Xenosaga Original Soundtrack and Disc 1, Track 14 on the Xenosaga Episode I album. It was remixed for the music of Xenosaga Episode II as Nephilim and for the music of Xenosaga Episode III as Song of Nephilim (Xenosaga III ver.). It also appears as a motif in the Miltia incidents, Nephilim & Abel, and Joachim's decision (all from the music of Xenosaga Episode III).
It plays as the area music in the Song of Nephilim, and also in the following cutscenes:
- Jr.'s nightmare the night before the Durandal arrives at the Kukai Foundation.
- Jr., MOMO and Ziggy find themselves in the Miltian Conflict after diving into KOS-MOS' subconscious domain.
- Jr., MOMO and Ziggy see a vision of Dr. Joachim Mizrahi's final monologue and death.
- chaos, Jr. and Gaignun hear the Song of Nephilim before it summons the Gnosis.
- MOMO meets Kirschwasser no. 0097 in the Song of Nephilim.
- MOMO thanks no. 0097 after she transmits her memory of Joachim Mizrahi to MOMO.
- Jr. and Gaignun learn that Shion can hear the Song of Nephilim.
- Album notes written by Yasunori Mitsuda. No official translation exists.
この曲が流れ始めると、いよいよ重大なイベントが起こる 前触れって感じで、 精神的によろしくない曲ですね。 (笑) でも最初に作ったバージョンはこんなに神秘的では なく、ただただ怖いって感じだったので、それを考え るとだいぶ精神的な負担は少なくなったのかな~と 思います。
- The first four notes of Song of Nephilim are almost identical to the first four notes of the Dies Irae, a Gregorian chant often used as a motif in classical and modern music signifying death. (The Xenosaga II and Xenosaga III versions of this track are even more similar to the chant, with the first four notes being identical to those of the Dies Irae and an added phrase that matches the second phrase of the chant.)