|Age||10th term (eq. 19 years)|
|Japanese VA||Masamu Ono|
|English VA||Joe Jameson|
Appearance and personality
Nikol is a boy with short blond hair and green eyes. He wears a pair of red goggles on his head, and a backpack containing his mechanical arms, called the Variable Backpack, due to him unable to call a Blade.
Nikol is talented in mechanical engineering, enjoying making and repairing machines. He is usually reserved and quiet, but becomes passionate when discussing machines. He is also shown to be cowardly, such as hiding himself during a battle with Colony Gamma. After being freed from his Flame Clock and becoming Ouroboros, Nikol accepted the fact that he can no longer have to fight to stay alive, unlike Glimmer initially.
During a battle between Colony 5 and and Colony Gamma in Vermillion Woods, Nikol flees from the battlefield terrified. However, he is spotted by Glimmer and her Agnian soldiers, mocking him for his lack of a Blade. When he and Glimmer are the only ones left standing, the two battle it out until Matthew and A intervene (and unknowingly made him Ouroboros). Moebius Q and R then appear, transforming into their Moebius form, but are swiftly killed by A, who then proceeds to destroy their Flame Clocks.
While Matthew and A go out to get food, Glimmer continues her assault on Nikol until they return and intervene again. After Glimmer sneaks out in the dead of night, Nikol accompanies the two on their search for her. He then repairs an elevator leading to Aurora Shelf.
Nikol spent the last of his years rebuilding the City's infrastructure before dying in his 80s. A statue honoring Nikol and representing House Ortiz can be found in Memorial Hall in the City alongside the other five Founders.
- Nikol is unable to call a Blade. Because of that, he was often bullied by his fellow soldiers. For this reason, he constructed the Variable Backpack, using Levnis parts and other materials available to him as a Kevesi soldier.
- He expresses a sense of survivor's guilt to Glimmer shortly after the Liberators' defeat of Moebius W. This is largely borne from the aforementioned bullying; feeling useless due to his inability to summon a Blade.
- Shulk directly acknowledges Nikol as his son to both Rex and A.
- Shulk also acknowledges Fiora as Nikol's mother during an Affinity Scene.
- His knowledge of all things mechanical is repeatedly applied within the gameplay of Future Redeemed:
- Nikol is the one who upgrades the X-Reader when resting at a Camp.
- Broken elevators, ladders, and Ether Masts found across the Cent-Omnia region are diagnosed and repaired by Nikol.
- Both he and Shulk would work to repair the Gem Man's old Ether Furnace in Colony 9, allowing for improved Gem Crafting.
- According to the Ortiz statue, he is responsible for the construction of the new City's mechanical foundation. It is then highly likely that Gilgamesh, the City's Ferronis, was designed and/or built by Nikol during his later life within Aionios.
- An Affinity Scene between Nikol and Glimmer showcases his somewhat lackluster conversational skills, as he fails to understand quite what emotions Glimmer communicates to him, and Glimmer remarks on this.
- Nikol is one of the only humans to live past the 10-year limit imposed by Moebius on Kevesi and Agnian soldiers, passing away in his 80s. He shares this distinction with Glimmer and Mio.
- As the founder of House Ortiz, Nikol is the ancestor of Timna, Playne, and Shiner.
As a party member
- Main article: Nikol/Gameplay (FR)
- The Variable Backpack, when activated, strongly resembles a Nopon's prehensile wings.
- Nikol is the only child of a recurring character in Future Redeemed that does not share a voice actor with either parent in Japanese.
- Nikol's name shares a root with that of Klaus: Nikolaos, meaning "Victory of the people".
In other languages
Nikol's statue in Memorial Hall
Characters in Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed
|Main playable characters||A • Glimmer • Matthew • Nikol • Rex • Shulk|
|Other characters||Alpha • Chyra • Dillon • Ghondor • Linka • M • N • Na'el • Panacea • Q • R • Riku • W • Z|