List of Xeno series crossovers
This is a page listing all Xeno series crossovers in non-Xeno games.
Super Smash Bros. series
- Main article: Xenoblade Chronicles (universe) on SmashWiki
Shulk is a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. As a result, Xenoblade Chronicles sees significant representation alongside him. Pyra and Mythra debuts in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as downloadable content.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Stage - Gaur Plain is a stage based on the curved cliffs of Bionis' Leg, with Mechonis looming in the background. Metal Face appears during the night as a stage boss.
- Assists - Dunban and Riki appear in Shulk's Final Smash, Chain Attack. Riki also appears as an Assist Trophy, helping out whoever grabbed the item with various random arts, as well as an item in the Smash Tour mode that grants a wider item-grab range.
- Trophies - Collectable figurines of characters. Shulk, Shulk (Alt.), Dunban, and Riki appear in both versions of the game, while the Wii U version has several additional ones: Chain Attack, Metal Face, Mechonis, Bionis, Fiora, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Bronze Face, Face Nemesis, Mecha-Fiora, Jade Face, and Yaldabaoth.
- Music - Several pieces of music are used on the Gaur Plains stage, some of which have been edited to cut parts out, and only one of which contains original material: the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Shulk returns in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, with all content except trophies being kept as well.
- Stage - Cloud Sea of Alrest is a stage set on the back of Azurda as he floats through the Cloud Sea. The stage contains cameos from the various Titans, and several Blades and their Drivers can also appear in the background as well.
- Assists - Rex appears in Pyra and Mythra's Final Smashes. In addition, in the base game, Seven appears during Shulk's Final Smash in addition to Dunban and Riki returning.
- Spirits - The replacement for Trophies from past games. Spirits are collectible pieces of artwork that are obtained by winning themed fights. Several spirits of characters from Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are available in the base game, with more added in the DLC.
- Music - Eleven tracks are available in the base game, with sixteen more added in the DLC. In addition to returning music from Xenoblade Chronicles, music from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna ~ The Golden Country is added.
Project X Zone series/Namco X Capcom
Namco X Capcom
Project X Zone
KOS-MOS and T-elos are playable in Project X Zone.
Project X Zone 2
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (Exceed)
KOS-MOS is a playable character in the first game, with T-elos making recurring appearances as a boss character. In the sequel, KOS-MOS is once again playable, while MOMO appears as an assist character and T-elos is fought as a boss a number of times before also becoming an assist character.
Venus & Braves
KOS-MOS makes an appearance.
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Several Xenogears character appeared during a collaboration event.
Between July 3rd 2020 and July 7th 2020, a Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition themed event took place in Tetris 99 that added a new Xenoblade skin. It shows the Bionis' Leg and Shulk in the background. Depending on how many players are left, the arranged versions of Time to Fight! , Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names play. Gaur Plain (Night) plays after a match and Colony 6 - Future plays if the player achieves a Tetris Maximus.
Tales of Vesperia
All versions except for the original Xbox 360 version have an unlockable KOS-MOS costume.
Soul Calibur 3
KOS-MOS' Ver.1 outfit pieces and hairstyle are unlockable for female custom characters.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
A Rex costume can be obtained for Link in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It is made of the Salvager Headwear, Salvager Trousers and Salvager Vest. They are all obtained during the quest Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Super Mario Maker
Shulk can be used in a level in Super Mario Maker if his amiibo is scanned. He has two voice lines, both from the Japanese version of Xenoblade Chronicles regardless of language. Holding Up has him pose with the Monado, and the course clear music is replaced with the fanfare of discovering a Secret Area.
Yoshi's Woolly World
Puzzle Swap on the Nintendo 3DS has a 40-piece Xenoblade Chronicles puzzle. It shows the Mechonis more or less like how it is depicted on the game's cover art, but several Nopon and a Collection Orb can be seen too.
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line on Nintendo Switch will feature DLCs of soundtracks from video games series developed or published by Square's part of Square Enix other than the Final Fantasy franchise. This includes soundtracks composed by Yasunori Mitsuda with the Chrono series and Xenogears. The latter will be available on September 20, 2023.
Minor easter eggs and references
- Xenogears is mentioned in Final Fantasy VII.
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean has the Magnus "Rare Action Figure" which depicts the KOS-MOS figure that came with the Japanese limited edition of Xenosaga Episode I. The Gnosis also appear as a boss fight and can be turned into a Magnus.
- In Baten Kaitos Origins, the Coliseum enemy named Arma Prototype M uses an attack titled "X-Bluster". This is a reference to KOS-MOS's X-Buster in both name and design.
- In Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Xenoblade Chronicles X is referenced with a line mentioning both the Prone and Ganglion.
- The Monado appears in Nobody Saves the World on a wall together with other iconic video game swords such as the Buster Sword from Final Fantasy VII or the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda.
- In Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, a character portrayed by Shulk's voice actor Adam Howden says his iconic line "I'm really feeling it!". This was confirmed to be a Xenoblade reference.
- In the 2022 reboot of Saints Row, the Zohar appears in the Badlands South. Its appearance is based of a mix of all three Xeno sub-series.
- Terraria has a painting called Terra Blade Chronicles, referencing the name and title screen of Xenoblade Chronicles.
- Track 10 of Hi-Fi Rush features a reference to the slideshow format of Xenogears Disc 2.
- "X-Bluster" in Baten Kaitos Origins on YouTube
- The Monado in Nobody Saves The World game on Reddit
- Adam Howden (Shulk) "I'm really feeling it!" in Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga on Reddit
- Saints Row - Zohar Easter Egg on YouTube
- Hi-Fi Rush slideshow reference on YouTube