|Other versions||Blazing Knights (20th Anniversary)|
Crimson Knight (called Blazing Knights on the Revival disc, sometimes unofficially referred to as Knight of Fire) is Disc 2, Track 3 on the Xenogears Original Soundtrack and track 29 on the Xenogears Original Soundtrack Revival Disc -the first and the last-. It is one of the tracks playable in the Nortune jukebox, under the option 'A Battle'.
It is the standard boss theme, playing as the music in the following scripted fights, often including the immediately prior and subsequent cutscenes:
- The Wyrm in the Aveh Desert.
- Brigandier in the Aveh Desert.
- Calamity in the Stalactite Cave.
- Schpariel in Bart's Lair.
- Wiseman in the Aveh Tournament.
- Ramsus (and Miang) in the Fatima Castle.
- The Gebler Special Forces and Elly near the Kislev border.
- The Dora near the Kislev border.
- Leonardo, Heinrich, Suzarn, Vargas, and Rico in Nortune.
- Redrum in the D-Block sewers.
- Wiseman in Nortune.
- Dominia above Kislev.
- Dominia and Kelvena below the Yggdrasil II.
- Ramsus and Miang below the Yggdrasil II.
- The Giant Wels on the Yggdrasil II.
- Seraphita and Tolone in Zeboim.
- Stein on the Yggdrasil II.
- Ramsus and Miang at Babel Tower.
- Seibzehn (Maria) at Babel Tower.
- The four Gate generator battles in Shevat.
- Shakhan at the Ignas Gate.
- Dominia and Kelvena at Babel Tower (both fights).
- Seraphita and Tolone at the Nisan Mausoleum (both fights).
- Ramsus near Taura's house.
- The Sufal Mass in the Soylent system.
- The Elements in the first Anima Relic dungeon.
- The G-Elements in the first Anima Relic dungeon.
- Deus at Mahanon.
- Ramsus in Merkava.
- Weltall-ID in the Land of Bethlehem.
- Metatron, Sundel, Marlute, and Harlute in Merkava.
It also plays as the music in the following cutscenes:
- Gears descend upon Lahan Village.
- Stein appears in Alkanshel above the Yggdrasil II.
- Dominia attacks the Gate generator in Shevat.
- Shakhan confronts the party at the Ignas Gate before being powered up by Grahf.
A version of the track that is identical except that it is slower plays in the following cutscenes:
- Ramsus's ship descends into Bledavik.
- Elly prepares to lead the Gebler Special Forces for the first time.
- Elly and the Gebler Special Forces are briefed on their mission to support the Hecht.
- Elly and Dominia argue before carrying out the Hecht mission.
- Ramsus gives the order to attack the Kislev ship.
- At 0:43 in the track, an audio clip plays saying "Total sentence imposed is ten". This was taken from Christian Brando's trial for manslaughter in 1991, said by superior court judge Robert W. Thomas; the full sentence was "Total sentence imposed is ten years in the state prison".
Blazing Knights (20th Anniversary)
Blazing Knights is a remix of Crimson Knight performed at the Xenogears 20th Anniversary Concert -The Beginning and the End-, and is the 15th track on the associated Blu-Ray disc.